*** For a details story about why I started making these, got the recipe etc, see underneath the actual recipe itself (Please consider reading for some history on it!). My reason for this is because there is nothing I can’t stand more than looking up a recipe online only to have to scroll scroll scroll to the bottom to find it with a bunch of fluff on the top! Thank you!
– 3 Tbsp Margarine or Butter
– 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar (Not packed with a tablespoon or two added on top)
– 3 Tbsp water
– 3-5 Tbsp Cinnamon (I always add more because I enjoy cinnamon, add as much as you would like for your taste!)
– Approximately 4 Cups of Pecans
– Add the Margarine, Brown sugar, water and cinnamon in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil
– Once boiling add pecans.
– Stir together constantly to make sure everything is coated.
Line a cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Put the mixture and pecans on the sheet spread as thin as possible to not over lap. Let them air dry until cool. Store in air tight container.
This was a recipe that I made for the first time this year and I absolutely loved it. While pregnant with my second child I had bought a bag of pecans that were just sitting around. For some reason I thought about candied pecans and looked across pinterest for a recipe that would be simple and easy to make. This is a modified recipe that I had found, I say modified because they had so little cinnamon I don’t think there would have been any flavor of it if I had used that one. I think cinnamon is such a subjective taste that it really depends on who is eating it or who you are making it for since everyone may like more or less cinnamon in their recipes!